Half head of purple cabbage, outer leaves removed
Medium block of gorgonzola cheese
¾ cup of walnuts
⅓ cup of raisins
Half a bunch of parsley
600ml olive oil
300ml good balsamic
40gm dijon mustard
- Slice the cabbage as finely as possible – a mandolin will work, or a sharp knife. Then soak it in cold water to crisp it up.
- Roast the walnuts lightly in the oven then chop in half roughly
- Crumble up chunks of the gorgonzola dolce, pick parley leaves and take walnuts out of the oven, all ready to assemble.
- For the dressing, use a measuring jug to add balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard, then blend using a stick blender.
- Continue to blend while adding the olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify the oil into the vinegar.
- Once incorporated taste and season to suit.
- Finally, to assemble, add one handful of cabbage to 5 to 6 pieces Gorgonzola, a small handful of walnuts, parsley leaves, some salt flakes and dress with the dressing, toss and serve. Repeat depending on portion size/servings, using the whole half cabbage for a table salad.